The following chapters contain detailed information on how to set up and get your Business Central + Commerce 365 system fully up and running. But, if you are looking for short index or easy checklist to see what you are about to do, or the check on what you might have missed, then here is your list.
Initial installation & configuration
By now your system is technically up and running and you are ready to publish catalog data, invite customers, and then synchronize sales orders!
Test some data
In order to see the results of what you have done in the first phase, do some of the following.
- Go to attributes and create an attribute, and release it.
- Create an attribute set, add your new attribute, and release it as well.
- Create one or more categories.
- Now go to your standard item list, open your favourite test item and click Process > Create Magento Item.
Open the Magento item you have just created. Now set the Product Type to simple, select your new Attribute Set and set Visibility to both Catalog & Search.
Add some images, texts and put the item in one of the categories you have just created.
Finally, click on the Release button in the top menu. Your item is now ready, and all data is in the integration queue, ready to be synced with your Magento store.
Go to Integration > Queue, and click Synchronized Queue.
- Now go to your Magento store, and see the first bits of your brand new ERP integrated online store.
- If you are not seeing anything yet, there is a good chance that you still have to make sure that Magento uses your new category structure. Click here for more details.
Your first sales order
This was your first sales order coming from your new Magento e-commerce environment.